Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Unbelievable!: What Happened To Mrs Dora Akunyili?



I can't believe this is still the same chubby former Director General of NAFDAC, Dr. Dora Akunyili.  What happened to her?. It was rumored that she was down with some aliment that she almost lost her life. God!...whatever might have been the sickness, it really affected her so much to an unrecognizable point.

When approached to know if she was fit for the National Conference that was to take place in Abuja, this is what she said:
The former DG showed up yesterday, Monday March 24 at the National Conference Abuja as one of the delegate looking so emaciated. 


Thank you for your enquiry. There is a saying in Igboland that goes this way: “Let the sickness take the flesh but leave the bones because with time the bones would grow new flesh.” I just came out of a major sickness, for which I thank Almighty God for delivering me. I know that God did that for a purpose, this National Conference being part of that purpose. I am well now but only need time to put on more weight. However, I am strong enough for this Conference and I look forward to collaborating with other delegates to chart the way for a better Nigeria. Thank you.

  PROF. DORA AKUNYILI, OFR
 National Conference Delegate
Fmr Minister of Information & Communications
Abuja,
March 24, 2014

No comments :