Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Video: 46 Years Old Nigerian Lesbian,Asylum Seeker Aderonke Apata Faces Deportation From The UK


 UK is set to deport 46-year-old Aderonke Apata , to Nigeria after overstaying visa despite the 14 years jail terms attached to the anti gay law in West African country.
Aderonke who has been told to provide documentation and evidence to the High Court for judicial review proceeding next week, said she fears capital punishment if deported to Nigeria.

During an interview Apata said:
“Growing up in Nigeria, I was unable to disclose my sexuality, yet unable to hide it. “The culture in Nigeria makes it clear that being gay or transgender is a sin, a sentiment that is fueled by homophobic messages from faith communities, political leaders, families, and schools.”

In a video for the group Movement of Justice (MFJ), she added:
 “Returning to Nigeria is not an option for me because as well as a death sentence hanging over me; I will face 14 years in prison due to the anti-gay law that was passed by the Nigerian Government in January 2014. "I want to remain in the UK in order to contribute positively to the society and support my girlfriend, who I am now engaged to."...Watch her interview clip below...


1 comment :

Anonymous said...

After watching the clip there are a lot of hidding facts. copy of the sentence that was passed, State she was residing in Nigeria because Sharia law is only applicble in the northern Nigeria