Saturday, August 30, 2014

Ebola Outbreak Confirmed In Senegal

The deadly Ebola virus is now reportedly in its fifth West African country after Senegal's health ministry confirmed the country's first Ebola patient was a young Guinean man who was immediately quarantined at a Dakar hospital, where he was in a 'satisfactory condition'.

Mrs Awa Marie Coll-Seck said the man was believed to have been infected in Guinea's capital Conakry, and may have travelled to Senegal before Dakar closed its land border with Guinea on August 21. Authorities are now trying to piece together where he went and who he encountered, in a bid to halt the spread of the deadly virus.

Just fews days ago,the World Health Organisation warned that the number of Ebola cases could exceed 20,000 before the epidemic is brought under control.

 As of August 26, 1,552 people had been confirmed dead from Ebola in four countries - Sierra Leone, Liberia, Guinea and Nigeria.

1 comment :

Oge chukwura said...

Heeeey dis Ebola of a thing God please save ur children