Monday, September 8, 2014

"Mar­riage was the last thing on my mind....But It hap­pened so fast" -Adaeze Yobo


Adaeze Yobo,wife of Joseph Yobo and former Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria (2008)opened up in an interview with Sun about how she met her husband and what attracted her mostly to him even when she wasn't ready for marriage. She admitted that she never knew then that her husband was a footballer despite his fame.....Read below...



I met him in Nigeria through a friend at an event. From there, we became close friends. I became pregnant and we got married im­mediately. Everything happened in a very short time. A lot of people thought it wasn’t going to work but at that moment, I knew I felt something I had never felt with anyone in my life and I said to myself, why not take that chance? I’m quite prayerful , so I knew there’s no way I could err, though I never planned getting married so early. I had so many dreams of what I wanted in life. Mar­riage was the last thing on my mind. It hap­pened so fast and I thought I should give it a shot.

So, what attracted you to him?
 
When we first met, I didn’t know who he is really. He didn’t know that I was the most beautiful girl in Nigeria. When I knew he was a footballer, I said to myself this relation­ship might not work or lead us anywhere, because of the lifestyle of some footballers who have so many girlfriends.


Do you regret marrying him?

 Not at all. No marriage can ever be perfect. Even my relationship with my mum can never be perfect. I have never regretted any moment with my husband and I always say to my sisters and cousins that I don’t know what I could have been without my hus­band. I wondered the kind of man I would have ended up with if I didn’t marry him. I thank God that He planned my life and I’m living the life He planned for me. God has been gracious to me in every way.

3 comments :

Oge chukwura said...

Good for u

Unknown said...

Liar who doesn't know Joseph Yobo back then, I guess only Adaeze and she claimed to have participated in a beauty contest. What of if you were asked a question about Nigeria footballers?.

Anonymous said...

Okay we don hear~Jady