Monday, February 2, 2015

"The moment you banish God, your life becomes simpler, purer, cleaner" -Actor Stephen Fry Attacks God (video)


Yea you read the headline right!... I have come across people who said worst things than this and it comes as no surprise to me at all... Stephen Fry, a well known actor and an outspoken atheist poured out his questions about God's existence, his nature and treatment to mankind on an Irish TV programme ‘The Meaning of Life’ hosted by Gay Byrne.
He was asked by the host what he would would say if he died, ascended to heaven, and met God.
  “I think I’d say, ‘Bone cancer in children? “How dare you. How dare you create a world in which there is such misery that is not our fault? It’s not right. It’s utterly, utterly evil” Why should I respect a capricious, mean-minded, stupid God who creates a world which is so full of injustice and pain?


When asked if he thinks he will get into heaven with such attitude he said;
No, but I wouldn’t want to. I wouldn’t want to get in on his terms. They’re wrong. Now, if I died and it was Pluto, Hades, if it was the 12 Greek gods, then I would have more truck with it. Because the [Greek gods] were – they didn’t pretend not to be human in their appetites, and in their capriciousness, and in their unreasonableness. They didn’t present themselves as being all-seeing, all-wise, all-kind, all-beneficent. …
The God who created this universe, if it was created by God, is quite clearly an utter maniac. Totally selfish. We have to spend our life on our knees, thanking him?  What kind of god would do that?
Yes, the world is very splendid, but it also has in it insect whose whole life cycle is to burrow into the eyes of children and make them blind. They eat outwards from the eyes. Why? Why did you do that to us? “You could easily have made a creation in which that didn’t exist. It is simply not acceptable.” .......“The moment you banish him, your life becomes simpler, purer, cleaner, more worth living, in my opinion,” he said.

Watch video below....

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

I am totally SPEECHLESS~Jady

Oge chukwura said...

I no fit talk

Unknown said...

This man must be a sadist. Anyway everyman is left to his or her own faith.

Anonymous said...

He's very wise! He doesn't believe in God and he explained his point! That's it! We don't need to see things on the same way as everyone else.