Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Photo: A Man Kidnaps His Own Son, Demands For N350,000 Ransom

Mr. Samson Adebayo a tyre repairer kidnapped his own son through the help of  Kehinde Alonge, a hairdresser, and demanded for a ransom of  N350, 000 which was paid into one Taiwo Faloye account.
According to the State Security Service, Lagos State Command report, Adebayo reported the incident of his missing son on October 3, which police went into action to rescue his son and arrest the kidnappers. The ransom was paid into a United Bank of Africa account 2050908899, belonging to Taiwo Faloye. But unknown to the suspects that police had set an eye on the account through the bank's cooperation. The police received an alert when N230, 000 was been withdrawn from he account.
Kehinde Alonge was arrested when she went to withdraw the money from a UBA branch at Ilesha, Osun State, there she confessed that the father of the boy  planned his son’s kidnap in order to extort money from some of his church members and sympathisers.
Adebayo when arrested accused Alonge of coming up with the plan in order to raise N200, 000 for a beauty salon which Kehinde  however denied of.
She said,
 “I was in Ilesha when he (Adebayo) called me to come to Lagos that some people owed him money. He said the only way to collect the money from them was for me to come and take his son away, while he pretends that he had been kidnapped.


“I came to Lagos on October 4, 2013. I intended going to the school to pick the boy but Adebayo advised that I pick him from the house. Since the children knew me, I told the boy to follow me to get something outside, only to enter the next available vehicle to Ilesha, Osun State.

 “His father even gave me N3,000 for transport. When we got to Ilesha, he sent another N3, 750 worth of recharge cards for his feeding. He even called his son on the telephone on daily basis.

“He was the one that asked me to demand N350, 000 but at the end of the bargain, he said I should accept N200,000. Since I had no bank account, I asked one of my relatives to give me his account details. But we were arrested at the point of withdrawal.”

Mr. Adebayo said, “I agreed to the plan because I was broke. I have been a vulcaniser for 20 years and I am poor. I have two kids and my wife is at a church, where she is being healed of paralysis. “Kehinde was the one that brought up the idea that we should kidnap my son and I agreed because I needed the money too. My share would have been N100, 000 if we had succeeded. “I feel so ashamed of myself because what I did was wrong. I hope the government forgives me and let me go home. I won’t do it again.
Achu-Olayi warned parents to avoid endangering the lives of their children for the sake of money. He said, “We have noticed that crimes of this nature are usually committed by parents or close relations and we are warning them that we will not tolerate such acts.”

. .”

No comments :