Thursday, November 14, 2013

The 19 Years Old Jacqui Beck, Who Is Without Vagina And Cannot Have Sex Or Babies

A teenager has spoken of her 'total shock' at being told at the age of 17 she had no vagina.

Jacqui Beck, 19, has MRKH(Mayer Rokitansky Küster Hauser) , an rare syndrome which affects the reproductive system - meaning she has no womb, cervix or vaginal opening.

She was only diagnosed after she went to her GP about back pain - and mentioned in passing that she hadn't started her periods.While she has ovaries, she has no womb, cervix or vaginal opening Where her vagina should be, there is an indent, making it appear normal.
Miss Beck, from the Isle of Wight, admits when she was first diagnosed, she felt 'like a freak'. 'I'd never considered myself different from other women and the news was so shocking, I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

‘I was sure the doctor had got it wrong, but when she explained that was why I wasn’t having periods, it all started to make sense. ‘She then explained that I would never be able to carry a child and might have to have surgery before I could have sex. ‘I left the doctors in tears - I would never know what it was like to give birth, be pregnant, have a period. All the things I had imagined doing suddenly got erased from my future. 'I was really angry and felt like I wasn’t a real woman any more.'

She said: ‘I’m not at an age when I’m thinking about kids, but I think that will hit me later on. I will use a surrogate, or adopt, but I will have to make sure any guy I meet is ok with that too.


‘Again, I try and take it as a blessing that, unlike woman who discover they can’t conceive when they are already trying for a baby, I have time to get used to the idea.’ For Miss Beck, her one hope is that the condition becomes more well known, so that other women realise they have it earlier than she did.

‘I had only told five of my best friends, but then I realised it’s not something I should be ashamed of. ‘If I had cancer, or, any other medical issue, people would be supportive. So, I recently came out to everyone on Facebook, telling them about my condition.

‘I was surprised at how positive everyone was, they said I was brave and beautiful, now I wish I had been open about it from the beginning.

Jacqui Beck is now undergoing treatment to enable her to have sex in the future , she has now come to terms with her condition and wants to speak about it to raise awareness

Culled

No comments :