Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sunday Teaching 1: How Strong Is Your Faith In God, Take Up Your Biblical Weapon


My first topic today is FAITH!. Many of us know what faith means but not many know how to use that faith in our daily lives. It is one thing to have a weapon and it is another to know how to use the weapon to strike.

Faith is trusting in God and lack of faith is doubting God. The Lord has shown me three things concerning Biblical faith. When you combine these three elements, we can operate in mountain moving faith!. I will be taking these topic step by step so it don't become too boring or too long to digest.

In Mark 9, there was a boy that had an unclean spirit, such a strong unclean spirit that even Jesus' disciples couldn't cast him out.
They were regular deliverance pastors going about casting out demons on regular bases, but for some reason, when they reached this case, they were unable to cast it out: Mark 9:17-18,
 "And one of the multitude answered and said, Master, I have brought unto thee my son, which hath a dumb spirit; And wheresoever he taketh him, he teareth him: and he foameth, and gnasheth with his teeth, and pineth away: and I spake to thy disciples that they should cast him out; and they could not." 

Now Jesus had given His disciples authority over all powers of the enemy, so they clearly did not lack authority to drive out that unclean spirit: Luke 10:19,
 "Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you." 

 So what did these disciples lack? Clearly they didn't lack authority! What they lacked was faith in their authority: Mark 9:19
"He answereth him, and saith, O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him unto me."

There are many times I feel downcast in my daily life but I keep on holding unto God's promises in my life by reading his scriptures to keep on. It might take too long to be answered but he will surly answer you.

We need to stop wavering and start taking God for His Word and lay hold of His promises! If He said we shall cast out demons, then it means He's given us the ability to drive out those evil spirits! If He's said we have a right to be healed in Jesus' name, then we have that right, and we ought to start trusting Him and believing it!
Christian faith is basically taking God for His Word and believing the promises He's made. Keep on trusting in God because he will never disappoint you.
Stay tuned for next week teaching.

No comments :