Friday, March 14, 2014

Kidnappers Fed Me With Garri And Oil –Jonathan’s Cousin Narrates



 Finally home and alive to tell the story of how his abductors treated him while in their den for 18days.  Looking emaciated, pale and speaking in a faint voice as he speaks, Inengite Nitabai,  President’s adopted father said his abductors blindfolded him, most of the time so he didn't know where he was. He was hit with the butts of their gun, collected N400,000 from his wife before taking him away.


The retired lecturer at the Niger Delta University (NDU), said
 They always gave me gari mixed with oil. It was a bad experience and l don’t wish anybody to go through it. There was a day they were asking me some foolish questions and I kept quiet. They were upset and beat me up.I am a retired lecturer from the university and I mind my own business. So I don’t know what actually made them to carry out this action on me. I was really tortured. It was a miracle I did not die that day.

 Nitabai was abducted by 10 gunmen on February 23 from his home in Otuoke, Ogbia Local Government Area. His abductors demanded for the sum on N500m which his family offered N30m but was rejected by the abductors.
The police arrested the 57-year-old father of the “leader” of the gang and five others at Odioma community in Brass Local Government Area.The abductors were thrown into confusion after the arrest of their gang leader so they abandoned their victim at Ogboma, off Odioma in Brass Local Government Area. Nitabai was found by the squad and brought to the headquarters in Yenagoa. No ransom was paid to the kidnappers





No comments :