Saturday, April 12, 2014

Chiwetel Ejiofor Defends Reasons Why He Only Claimed To Be British And Not Nigerian


Some will say it is not a big deal if he claims only to be British and not Nigeria-British but to me it is a big deal because these white people only love to claim our people born in their country when they are achieving greater heights...Imagine Michael Olumide Adebolajo, 28, and Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale, 22 that killed a British solider, they were termed as ' British of Nigerian descent' only because they were killers. While Chiwetel was only termed as a 'British' because he won an award as best actor at the Baftas 2014, so what happen to Nigeria descent?...You see they only claim the good ones and leave Nigerians with the bad ones.   During the press conference held yesterday, he defended his reasons of only saying he was British...Read what he said below....


" During the period of publicising “Twelve Years a Slave”, I was asked where I was originally from. “I suppose I was trying to give an honest answer about where I was born, and so, I said London, which is where I was born. “And to me, it was a surprising reaction that people then concluded that I didn’t identify as Nigerian. “Of course, I am Nigerian-British, but if they ask me where I was born, I can’t say Enugu, because I wasn’t born in Enugu, but, it doesn’t mean that I don’t identify as Nigerian. “I am proud of being Nigerian that I am extraordinarily happy to be here to make this film."
Abeg, we are possessing our possession!..

No comments :