Saturday, June 7, 2014

Actor Natty Of New Masquerade is Dead


Today isn't really a good day...Mr. Romanus Uchenna Amuta popularly known as Natty from the popular Nigeria comedy soap opera in the 80  "New Masquerade" is dead. He died today's morning after a long illness.
 According to his friends and family, the popular actor was neglected by most of his friends while he had down with stroke.
 The illness started since 2006, but he recovereda little bit  back in 2010 but lost the battle today June 7th. Natty before his death told Saturday Punch in Feb. that:


“Will I be poor in New Masquerade and still be poor in real life, and even now that I’m about to die?” he wondered, with tears dropping from his eyes. He struggled to add, “I’m … … so, so, so, so poor that I could not even cure the stroke when it was just starting. Now that it (the stroke) is even worse, there is no money to even enjoy myself, even if na small enjoyment before I quench like my mama wey die a long time ago.” “I have reached out to my friends, but it appears they have abandoned me to die. “For my people (his relatives), they have tried, but they can’t kill themselves. My children have also done their best for me,” , “I believe that if government comes to help me my problems will be over. But the more they delay in coming, the more my body dies, and soon the entire Natty will just die and leave you people. “If they (government) can send me to any of the best hospitals in the world, I will surely get better and bounce back to life.”
 May his soul rest in peace. Amen

Other cast from the popular comedy soap opera such as James Iroha (Giringory Akabuogu), Christy Essien-Igbokwe (Apena), Claude Eke (Jegede Shokoya) have died, while Davis Offor (Clarus) is currently blind.

No comments :