Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Female fans often propose marriage to me- Actor Fredrick Leonard

 
Handsome Nollywood star, Fredrick Leonard, who hails from Anambra State,and has featured in many Nollywood movies describes himself as fun loving. During his recent interview with The Entertainer, the graduate of Biochemistry opens up on his life before acting and his encounter with female fans .
And for single ladies wey too like better things, he is not searching.... Read his interview below


Can you tell us about yourself?
My name is Fredrick Leonard, I hail from Anambra State but I was born in Lagos where I spent most of my years before moving over to Kaduna State Polytechnic to study Biochemistry. In the course of my study, I found out that I did not enjoy sitting in the classroom listening to lectures because I am an adventurous person. It’s not that Biochemistry was not a good course but it wasn’t just my type of thing.

How did acting start for you?
 I started a year after the demise of my father in 2001. A friend looked at me and said I ‘look good’. Since I got potentials in acting, he introduced me to NAG (Nigerian Actors Guild) as it was called then under the chairmanship of Mr. Emmanuel Agoba. I first of all observed how things were and later, I went for an auditioning. My first movie was ‘Five Scenes’, after which I did a couple of movies before leaving for school for about five to six years. I returned and featured in a film entitled ‘Indian Doctor’ directed by Theodore Anyanji and produced by Emex movies’. Then I left but returned again in 2009, after which I featured in ‘Disclosure’, ‘Tarima’, and the likes. In 2010, I finally decided on what to do. During the period of my departure from acting, I did a lot of modeling with some brands, which helped to fund my schooling. That is why people think that I am from a wealthy home, but the truth is that I have a wealthy heavenly father.  

Your initial plan was to become a pilot, what made you change from being a pilot to a biochemist? For 12 years, my mum discouraged me from becoming a pilot on the grounds that I was an only child. My Father did not have the financial strength to support my dream, and then I started looking for other options until Biochemistry came up, but now I am a movie star.

Can you appear nude in movies?</b> 
 Hell No! I cannot go nude in a movie. I am a role model to some people and I cannot afford to disappoint them.

What awkward thing has a fan done to you
 Fans haven’t really treated me unfairly. But sometimes, some of them just send me mails that they want to marry me. Strange!

 Have you received love advances from the opposite sex, most especially, the married ones because of your fame or physique?
 No, my female fans who are married are very decent people.

Are you single? 
Yes, I am. I am thinking not searching.  

Who are you dating now?
(Laughs) I am with a nice, God-fearing lady who appreciates God in her life.  

What attracted you to her?
What attracted me to her was her moral standard, though no one is perfect, I will say that she is better than the rest I have come across.  

When are you planning to settle down?
 Very soon, three years from now (laughs).

No comments :