Thursday, July 17, 2014

Ghanaian Actor, Van Vicker Blast Ghana Actors Guild For Abandoning Him After His Injury


 Ghanaian/Nollywood actor Van Vicker  blast Ghana Actors Guild (GAG) who he said abandoned him after he had a leg injury during a friendly match between Ghana and Nigeria at Kumasi Sports Stadium in March. While Expressing his pains and anger, he said:

 ’I was first admitted at Sunshine Hospital in Ghana and later transferred to United states of America where I am still receiving medical treatment, but had to come to Ghana to continue with my movie shoot, and then go back for check- up,’‘I believe one of the responsibilities of the Guild is to support its members, or support the interest of Ghanaian actors...Keep reading

I am a member of GAG and that was why I went to play for the Guild and also to represent Ghana in the name of the Guild. I was told that the match was to celebrate Ghana’s Independence Day and if for nothing at all, the Guild should have shown concern,’ I think it is a sign of ingratitude, because it’s just like going to work for a friend and getting injured in the process and the friend turns deaf ears to how you are recovering’.

Meanwhile, The President of Ghanaian Actors Guild also told his part of the story. He said Van Vicker's story was untrue:
‘I personally called Van Vicker and I also ‘WhatsApped’ him to check up on him because I was also sick that time and I couldn’t play active role in the match. I was frequently checking up on him, as well as actress, Emelia Brobbey, who did that on our behalf’ he responded. He added that ‘If Mr Van Vicker is criticising the Guild because we didn’t support in payment of his bills, for that I admit and all I can say about it is that, our members don’t pay their dues for us to be able to support any member in cash. We would have supported him if we had the cash.’

Van Vicker during the match where he sustained a leg injury

No comments :