Sunday, August 24, 2014

'I quit romance roles for my children’s sake' –Actress Amanda Ebeye


Nollywood actress Amanda Ebeye in this interview with Adaeze Amos on National Mirror, talked about her acting career. The International Studies and Diplomacy graduate of Benson Idahosa University, Edo State, said acting romantic roles can be so daring. Contrary to her previous interview on Punch when she said she can only act nude if  paid $50M, the actress in her recent interview admitted that she cannot act nude despite the huge money involved because most of her fans are children.

 How daring are you in romance movies?
 I used to be very daring; I mean extremely daring in romance roles when I started newly. But it’s not so now.



Which actor would you like to be paired in romance movies? 
 I can’t mention who I would like to be paired based on his looks or how I’ve seen him act in movies before. The reason is that, for me, it’s a connection. There are quite a number of fantastic actors I’ve watched on TV; we got paired and I felt no connection. But the movie still turned out good to other people, so I really can’t say I will like to pair this or that person.

Would you take up a nude role if the pay is good?
 For now, nude roles should wait. This is because most of my fans are children. I need to know what I’m teaching them. I won’t want their mothers to send them out of the living room because I’m in a movie they can’t watch. That then means I’m teaching them nothing.


No comments :