Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Ladies, Constant Use Of Nail Polish Can Make Your Feet End Up Like This!

It's good to look nice and and colorful but remember just as you need air to survive, so do your body, feet need freedom at times from our constant beauty. But although its tempting to change your color as often as you change your clothes, overdoing the lacquer can have disastrous consequences.

Two decades of repeatedly changing her polish left mother-of-two Subhain, 31, with unsightly yellowed, crumbling nails and, worse, without any at all on three toes. See how her toes look like below...



As a result, the stay-at-home mother is unable to wear open-toed shoes, while the painful exposed skin on three of her toes mean heels are also out of the question.

 Her problems began two years ago, when she began to notice a dryness and yellowing.

 'They just started to go really weak and crumble off,' she adds.

A polish habit that had lasted for two decades was to blame, made worse by her insistence on removing and replacing the varnish almost every day.
From a very young age, I've been painting my toenails and I've been using nail polish remover on them.

 'Nail varnish remover can cause problems because it contains a chemical called acetone which saps the moisture from the nails,' explains leading dermatologist, Dr Sam Bunting.  'It leaves them weak, brittle and dry and with this sort of flaking, crumbling problem.'

At first Subhain attempted to combat the damage alone. 'They were going very yellow and very weak,' she explains. 'I stopped painting them for a while but when I started again, they began to crumble off.' Unable to solve the problem, she went to the doctors and asked to have the worst-affected toenails removed.

 'They had a sort of plier thing to remove the nails with,' she remembers. 'I was really happy because I thought they would grow back baby-fresh, brand new...' When, a year after having the toenails removed, she returned to the doctor to find out why they weren't growing back, she had an unpleasant surprise in store. 'She said they're never growing back,' says Subhain. 'I said "no one told me they wouldn't grow back" and I was totally devastated and it looks disgusting.

With artificial nails
 Getting my nails removed, that's my biggest regret.' Despite trying everything from false nails to painting polish directly onto the nailbed, Subhain is yet to find a solution and complains that finding footwear is impossible.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

ʜi there it's me, I ɑm also visiting this website daily,
this website is genuiinely fastidious аnd the viewers are aϲtually sharing pleasant
thoughtѕ.

Review my homepage ... gta san andreas pobierz