Friday, August 22, 2014

Man Bags 33Months In Jail For Filming Fast And Furious In Cinema


Wow, I must have been soooo lucky. This post just took me back to when I did this same thing of filming while in Cinema but I didn't download on my computer. I didn't know I was not allowed to do it(stupid me). But I did it just for fun and my friends who were with me were even helping me hold the phone when suddenly a man appeared and asked me to give him my phone. Without hesitating I gave my phone to him and he asked me to follow him..

To cut long story short....The police was called and I went to the station, the police asked for my identity and then asked me why I was recording with my phone, I had to kind of lie(God forgive me) that I have never been to a cinema while in Nigeria and I didn't know that it was against the law to do it(which was true). I learned the hard way...

After much hours I was asked to wipe the whole thing out from my phone and allowed to go home....Back to the headline...

A man Philip Danks has been jailed for 33 months after recording Fast And Furious 6 from the back of a cinema in Walsall.A judge in Wolverhampton ruled that Philip Danks, 25, uploaded the movie, which was downloaded 700,000 times.
 The Federation Against Copyright Theft (Fact) claimed this meant "millions of pounds" lost for the film's distributor, Universal Pictures.

Police said that Danks had continued to illegally distribute movies after his arrest in May last year.

Officers were able to trace him after he used the username TheCod3r to leave a comment on a well-known pirated movie website. Danks had used the same username on the Plenty of Fish dating website.

Source BBC



















Drop your comments...Remember few months more to win cash prizes on KIB for the best 3 commenter of the year. Good luck!

No comments :